Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lake Powell Pow-wow

BEWARE: PICTURE OVERLOAD

To kick-off my summer vacation my friend, Tyson, took me to Lake Powell with his family.  See, Tyson and I had made a deal at the end of last semester that if I took him snow catting with my family that he would take me to Lake Powell with his.  Both of us stuck to our side of the agreement and went on marvelous adventures! 
I had never been to Lake Powell before this trip, so every little thing was a new marvel in my eyes.  Tyson would ask me what I wanted to do and every time I would answer with the same bewildered "I don't know".  The truth was I didn't know what one could do in Lake Powell so I was at the will of Tyson and his family- I was just fine with that too!

As soon as I got home from the trip I wrote it all down in my journal- taking up eighteen pages, and my journal isn't small.  So if you want an extremely detailed version of my trip you will have to come over and I will read it to you. 
Is it weird that I like reading my journal to people?  And yes, I am the one who gets to read it, then I can edit it as I go!

If you can't tell from the pictures I had a MARVELOUS TIME!  In fact living on the boat for three days only strengthened the desire I have to live close to water!  . . . Maybe one day.

In no particular order these are a few of the things that we did:

  • Rainbow Bridge
  • Climb to the top of Hole in the Rock
  • Jumped into freezing cold water (I beat Tyson in a race)
  • Ate tons of great food
  • Got a tan
  • Made hemp Bracelets 
  • Went fishing (caught one, line broke, fish got away)
  • Star Gazed
  • Played in the sand
  • Went hiking
  • Cut up my legs
  • Made new friends
  • Learned how to tie new knots
  • Laughed lots
  • Deep Conversations
  • Crazy hair and no make-up!
  • Indian Ruins
  • Long lovely boat rides
  • Breathtaking views
  • Crickets
  • LPRs 
Thanks Tyson and Family!

Lake Powell Theme Song

2 comments:

Tyson said...

Pretty sure your blog post made my day! It was an epic (epoc?) time! I wish we were still playing in the sun, on a boat, in the water, on a hot day, partying, tanning and everything in between! In fact I wish we could go back and do it all again. For now I will go into my tent to hide from the rain and enjoy the mountains :).

Kaden Krause said...

Did you sleep in separate tents? hahaha =)