Monday, April 25, 2011

4 school days left, then finals.

I am blogging even though I don't have the time really. . . O well, what is time anyway?

One week of classes and then finals week and I am home free!
I can't wait- I am ready to be done with school for a while.

This next part of my blog will be a bit journal-isk.

This last week has been a bit eye opening for me.  If you are new or haven't picked up on this already I am very much a planner.  I like knowing the who, what, when and wheres.  This past week I was fixing my schedule to get caught up in the four year program for my major!  (yeah me! I finally found a major!)  While I was looking over that I came to the realization that next year at this time I will either be preparing my mission papers or i will be getting close to marriage.  Well, atlas that is how I have always had it planned.  This realization hit me like a kick ball right in the gut.  The shock isn't really overwhelming, but there is defiantly some shock.
I have always wanted to go on a mission, and the desire to actually getting there is stronger now than it has been ever before.  However, I know that my first calling in life is to become a wife and mother. . . taking marriage prep this last semester in institute might not have been the smartest idea.  Now I evaluate every small little potential relationship, and I wish it would stop!  Don't get me wrong I have loved the class, but I blame it (and all my engaged friends) for filling my mind with crazy fantasies (not in a bad way necessarily).  But it has caused me confusion.
My dang planning-self just needs to stop. . .

I am interested to see how my readers, mainly my family, reacts to this post.

On a different note:  I can't wait next semester!  I have been called as Historian in my IWA (Institute Women's Association) Chapter and I am so excited to get started with that.  As soon as I was called I could feel my heart swell with love for the girls in my chapter.  Such a weird but powerful feeling.

1 comment:

Ashley Langston said...

See? People think I'm crazy when I talk about it (it being the last part of that)but it's the best feeling in the world. And guess what...it never leaves :) And girl...sometimes (yes as weird as it is) it is right for you to go on a mish. If that is what the Lord wants you to do, then do it and don't hesitate. Marriage will come when he thinks you are ready and when it's the right time.

Also...I gave you a comment. :) I love you.