Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simply Marvelous Life. Rebecca

Tuesday keeps popping up like moles in the game "wake-a-mole"
. . . I am not very good at that game, I always loose focus.
If my Tuesdays keep coming around every seven days like they have my summer will soon be over. . .
I am bitter towards that last thought.

Today's Simply Marvelous Life goes to. . . 
(insert drumroll here, and a pause for dramatic effect) 
REBECCA 
aka: Becky
I met Rebecca also through a date- funny how that works.
After that though we became friends in our singles ward last summer and have stayed in touch since then.  I love her perspectives and hope you enjoy her little two-bits as much as I have!


Name:
Rebecca Weber

Childhood Ambitions:
It’s hard to say what my childhood ambitions were, because they changed so much, and are still changing! I remember wanting to be an astronaut, then a veterinarian, then a forensic scientist, and then a pastry chef. Now I want to be a lighting designer! In some ways, I am still a child, so that can still count as my childhood ambition, haha.

Wildest Dream:
I want a miniature giraffe.

Current Reading:
I’m currently reading The Long Halloween, a graphic novel by Jeph Lobe and Tim Sale. It’s about Batman, who is my favorite superhero, and it’s awesome!

Soundtrack:
My current life song is “The Cave” by Mumford & Sons. I love this part: “And I'll find strength in pain, and I will change my ways; I'll know my name as it's called again”. I am also listening to “Crossfire” by Brandon Flowers, “Contact High” by Architecture in Helsinki, and “Kick-A**” by Mika vs. RedOne. I like music.

Retreat:
I love going to Denny’s with friends. There’s nothing better after a stressful day then getting food with some close friends in the early hours of the morning, and venting while laughing my worries away. :D And there will always be a strong sense of peace when I see the beautiful mountains around me in the morning. It’s such a glorious view, especiallywhen there are scattered clouds and an amazing sunrise. Ahh, it’s simply marvelous. ;)

First Job:
My first job was a Theatre Techie at my high school. Subsequently, I have had a job at a radio station, three other theatres, and a call center. This summer I’ll be working with the Utah Shakespeare Festival, which has been on my bucket list for years!

Last Purchase:
When I started answering these questions, my last purchase was lunch at SUU, consisting of strawberries, a corndog, and a Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino. But as of now, my last purchase was a pair of Skullcandy headphones.

Inspiration:
What inspires me most is the fact that I have a dream, and I fully plan to make it a reality. I haven’t told anyone what it is, because keeping it a secret helps motivate me to make it come true all on my own.
Also, my family, friends, and little brother—who is an incredible, good person, who doesn’t know how much I look up to him.

Proudest Moment:
So far, my proudest moment has been climbing a 5.10b rock wall. In rock climbing, there is a rating system that starts out with 5.5, which is very beginner. Then it steps up: 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, and then 5.10a, b, c, d; 5.11a, b, c, d; and so on. The difference between a 5.10a and a 5.10b is like going from a 5.8 to a 5.9. It’s an entire level up. My life goal is to be able to climb a 5.11a. Before I came to college, the hardest wall I climbed was a 5.9. I mastered two whole levels of difficulty in the first semester I was here, and I was too happy for words!

Biggest Challenge:
My biggest challenge right now is holding my own in the theatre department, because I came into it knowing very little about how real-world theatres work. Nearly every other technician at my college came here knowing more than I ever did, and it’s tough sometimes. I have to prove that I am willing to do whatever it takes to learn and better my work.

Hidden Talent:
I’m like the biggest anti-girly-girl ever. I mean, I don’t like going shopping (unless it’s at ThinkGeek.com.) I never wear dresses (unless I am going to a theatre performance, then I dress up.) I hate pink (blue has always been better.) And I’d rather put on a beanie than style my hair any day. So when I took a class and found out that I was actually pretty good at painting/decorating nails, I was utterly flabbergasted. Who knew! haha

Something you have yet to do:
I have never gone skydiving. I have wanted to go for years, but have never had the opportunity. It’s definitely on my list though! :]

Writings (blog):
www.nutshellinsanity.blogspot.com This is my blog. I love it, because it is my voice to the world! Or those who care to listen… I write the way I think, so often it is uncut, rough, and completely random. However, it is purely me, and that’s what matters. I started it in 2008, and my writing style has definitely changed since then. I used to write in immense detail, because I thought that nobody could possibly understand me unless I described exactly what happened with every detail possible! Now I have more of a thoughtful style, and somewhat philosophic at times. All in all, it’s about me, which is why it's called “Rebecca in a Nutshell”. :]

No comments: