Monday, February 7, 2011

my Sunday post. (dedicated to Taylor)

I got a message ridiculing me for not having my regular Sunday post up earlier by my friend Taylor and so here I am catching up. . .

This week has been splendid.  I realized that school is very important and that I need to get my smart self back to work or else I am not going to look very smart on paper- if you know what I mean.  I danced like crazy, lost my voice, made food, lost my voice, and didn't go to bed before four in the morning both Friday and Saturday night (not a smart idea- I think I am going to get sick).

I think I am getting sick.  I have a sore throat, stuffy nose and my eyes burn like I have a fever.
I came upstairs to go look over my life science notes and I had a strong impression. . . (I am about to go into a long thought out, most likely chick flick-ish story so if you want GET OUT NOW!)

Lately the topic at D4 has been marriage-  (all blame goes to Tami)
When I graduated last year I was one of those girls who told everyone that marriage was far off.  I have had big dreams to do lots with my life and even though I have always thought marriage to be grand and exciting I didn't plan on it for a long time.  After all before you can get married one must first have a "someone" to marry. . . I have been close to the marriage stage of life- I thought I was in love- and I will just leave it at that.
Back to my story:
Marriage has been the hot item of conversation.  My roommates and I talk [and spend hours searching on the Internet] about cakes, decorations, colors, dresses, photographers . . . you name it we have most likely covered it.  And I am not going to lie it is a lot of fun- and too time consuming for anyone's health (especially those who aren't even planning weddings).  The planning makes me anxious, it makes me want to find that significant someone and settle down.  It makes me long for the man who will one day be so great that everything will fall into place- Things will just work. . .

I was going to write about the feelings I got tonight while reading my scriptures- but I don't think I will.  Look at the picture maybe it will help you get an idea where I was going with this post.
Despite the fact that I am sick I feel at peace.  My life is amazing.

I learned this today in Relief Society:
J- Jesus
O- Others
Y- You

2 comments:

team cowan said...

I read this today (http://blog.cjanerun.com/2011/02/waking-up-in-california.html) and then read your post, and I think they correlate. In one way or anything. Maybe. My thoughts - Weddings are definitely fun to plan, but when it comes down to it, it's a party. The wedding lasts a day. The marriage is forever. It sounds to me like maybe you just need to have a super fun party with all your friends. :) And use all those pretty wedding ideas.

team cowan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.