Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodbyes.


August this year has been a month of lasts and goodbyes- I honestly haven't enjoyed it one bit.
Most of my friends have already moved away, and I'm left here to work, and to think. . . and thinking causes me anxiety- anxiety causes me to get sick and to breakout.  I'm in a no win situation.
Last night I said goodbye to Deven-
A quick background about Deven:
We met at the Regional Stake Conference Dance June 2009- (he had a girlfriend haha!)
I saw him at the pool with his girlfriend, but didn't realize it was him until after he left.
I didn't talk to him again until November that same year when he added me on Facebook.
Our first date was December 16- he sang with the choir during the Forgotten Carols, I was there with my family watching, then after he picked me up.
I got home around one thirty in the morning- way past curfew, and it was a school night. . .
I think I was on time for curfew maybe once since I went with him - oops! (:
From then on we became the dearest friends.  
Funny small fact:  I thought he had a crush on my friend Chevia!  haha- 
This was before I really knew him so I didn't really care.
I recently just told him and he laughed his guts out!  He thought I was kidding!
Deven and I could be silly- crazy and wild with all the works!  
We could tease each other to no end and get caught up in playing pretend.
BUT we could also be serious together.
Dev and I could have spiritual conversations and tell each other the ramblings of our thoughts.
We prayed together countless times.

. . . . And last night we sad goodbye.
As of right now Deven is driving to the land of far away to go to school.
The land of far away is UVU.
USU is the land of far far away.
UVU is the halfway point between my home and my USU.
I am a bawl-baby, but most people don't know that.
I don't cry in front of people, I won't let myself- and I ESPECIALLY don't cry over boys!
And then last night happened. . . 
I cried in Deven's arms, he cried too, but don't hold that against him.
He made me the most beautiful picture frame with all the pictures he has taken of us.
Deven is an amazing photographer!
The picture frame is beautiful!  It is a wooden heart that he put so much planning and hard work into!!! Did I mention it is beautiful and that I love it?
We prayed with each other last night.
He gave me a hug, a kiss, and then he was gone.
I cried.
I felt like a little girl again crying to my mommy.
I have only cried over two boys- I hate saying goodbye.
I told myself not to fall for Deven because I knew sooner or later I would have to say goodbye.
I believe everyone we meet we meet for a reason.
I believe that the Lord puts people in our lives to help sculpt us into the tools he needs.
I will never forget Deven, or all the things he made me love.

I dried my tears and got ready for bed.
I put my retainer in and I put a face mask on my face to help with the break out.
Looked through the photo album and at the frame one more time.
Then I fell asleep.
I woke up this morning being kissed on the cheek!
I figured I was dreaming- I have vivid dreams.
I wasn't!  
It was Deven!
We had made a bet a long time ago that he would never be 
able to wake me up because I was always up before him.
He told me good morning and that he just had to see me one more time before he left! 
this is the "Awwwe" moment!
He was only here for maybe one minute and then he was gone-
I loved it!
I didn't even care that I had a face mask on and my retainer in-
I was just glad to see him again.

3 comments:

team cowan said...

Sweetest post ever. This made me all fluttery inside. I'm glad you have a sweet friend like him. And he's lucky to have a sweet friend like you!

Nat said...

He sounds like a sweet guy. I hate goodbyes too- they are no fun. You two look so cute together. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! :)

Kaden Krause said...

You didn't tell me you had face-paint and head gear in! Haha! You know where I stand on you and Deven. Remember, I'm always right. ;-)