Monday, May 24, 2010

Spring Sports Awards

Look at all the awards shay got! Man I tell ya- by the time she finishes high school she won't have anywhere to put all the things she is awarded! I love ya little sister of mine!

My career as an athlete at North Sevier is officially over. And it ended really well!
Thursday night I received a bar for my third year lettering in softball, a helmet with my name and number on it and I was recognized as softball Academic All-Region and Academic All-State which I had no idea about.
The award that I got that I am most proud of though is the "Wade Lavon Forsyth- Most Valuable Senior Athlete Award."

The criteria for this award is:
1. participation in a minimum of 2 sports each year.
2. coachable.
3. dedicated.
4. exceptional attitude.
5. hard worker.
6. outstanding leadership qualities.
7. works to potential both athletically and scholastically.
8. exceptional citizenship.
9. senior.
10. high standards in all phases of life.
11. grade point average -- minimum of a 3.2
12. competitive athletic ability.

This award is a huge honor! It is an award given in memory of Wade Forsyth who portrayed all of these characteristics. I think three of my brothers received this award- and I am honored to receive it as well. I guess this is great reflection on how great of parents that I was blessed to have! Thanks- I love you!
And Kinz and I. Kinzie was honored with the athlete of the year award- because she is just pretty much that! In fact she is going on to play basketball in college! good luck girl! I wish I could watch you play.

No comments: