After long debate of which school to go to with a lot of prayer, fasting, and touring I feel that Utah State is the place that I should spend the next four our so years of my life! And despite the mileage between here and there I am really looking forward to it! One of the first things that caught my eye was how beautiful and clean the campus was and that was a really ticket for me. I also loved that it still had a small town feel to the campus but there was city access!
Friday I went on a campus tour- it was some what of a family reunion actually! I have a cousin who lives up in Logan and so my mom, my grandma and I rode up to Sandy where we picked up my Aunt Kerri Lynn and cousin Kristin and then we all rode up to Logan together where we had lunch. I love spending time with the family!
My mom and I left early from lunch so that we could make it to the tour on time, everyone else went to watch Zach play soccer. Zach is my cousin Kami's son, but he is only a year younger than me so he is just basically my first cousin. His team won by the way.
After the tour- I had scheduled an advisor meeting with the business department. I loved the lady I met with! She let me know what was expected of me as a student at USU and she let me know about the business program and courses I must take if I want to go in that direction!
There were a few major things that I really liked about the school:
1. the area was beautiful
2. the people were so friendly
3. the hands-on programs that are offered
4. housing was a lot cheaper than I expected
5. Logan Temple
6. I just felt like I belong there
With all these up sides though there are some draw backs. . .
1. it is quite far away from my home
2. my grandma, and sister have announced that they don't really want me to go there. . . my grandma was actually having a real hard time with it on the way home from Logan. I think she cried. We are SO close and that is hard for me, but I am really impressed to go to USU (sigh) I know she wants me to go where I want to go, but gosh I feel bad.
3. it is cold up there- and I LOVE the summer with all my heart
I feel more confident and ready to graduate now that I have a plan for the future- Don't get me wrong I am going to miss high school and all the memories I have made there, but I am really looking forward to all the new adventures I will have!
I text my brother Bryan after I had made my decision to go to Utah State and he said that I can't bleed blue because he wouldn't let me become a "true Aggie" Hahaha! We will see about that!