Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It is funny how fast time flies. . .

Today was sterling scholar interviews- I think I did well even though I think I made myself sick, literally with a fever and everything because I was so nervous. I do interviews a lot too, so I don't know why I was so nervous. Despite my nerves before when I got into my interview I felt calm, collected and I walked out feeling that I did the best I could do and that is all that matters right? (Now we will find out the winners).
On the car ride home I reflected on the things that I have done and accomplished in the past month, year, years! I have come so far. I remember always wondering what it would be like to be a senior. I was always anxious to grow up and go onto new things. Now that I am here however I don't know if I am ready.
I remember putting off deciding where I was going to go to college, what I wanted to be when I grew up, making money. . .but now that I am getting older these things have become essential to what I will do with the rest of my life. The decision I will make now will effect me and those around me FOREVER. . . no pressure right?
Today, looking back I remember thinking that March was so far away and now it is here, and before I know it April will come - Denton will be home. Then May will arrive and I'll be graduated. . . I will be "OLD" (no offense but I think graduated people are old- I know when I graduate I will beg to differ).
I never thought I would say this, but TIME, please slow down! Please! oh, Please!
(ya know I haven't got a comment on a post in a really really really really really really long time- I wouldn't mind any one's two-bits at all!)

2 comments:

The Masons said...

I know how you feel, no one ever comments on mine either. You have accomplished a lot and I think you are more ready than you give yourself credit for. Even though you dress up crazy and go places... (which by the way is awesome! Keep it up!) you are more mature than most people your age are. Wherever you decide to go, make sure it is your decision and that it feels right. Everything else will fall into place!! Keep enjoying every minute...life goes by way too fast!

The Higgs' said...

Oh Kelsie, you have so much to look forward to. And so many more accomplishments ahead of you. It is a little intimidating to think of what lies ahead because school is what you have known all your life and there are big decisions to be made. But you are a smart girl and are living your life in a way that you will be guided in all your decisions.
As for getting old don't judge age until you get there. It's not as bad as you think. 30 was old to me but now that I am there it's not so bad.
You have accomplished so much so far and have been an amazing example to so many. Keep it up!!