Friday, February 5, 2010

Miss North Sevier?

I was Jr. Miss North Sevier in 2006
(the picture says 2002 because I forgot to change the date on it back when I took this picture)
Well it's that time of year again. . . The Miss North Sevier Pageant is underway once again. All the girls at school are talking about it, even those who wouldn't even consider running for the title talk about it. It makes me laugh during conversations something always comes up along the lines of "oh you should do it! It is just for fun anyway, besides you would be really good!" When in the back of most of their minds they look at you examine you and decide in their minds exactly how everything is going to end up. . . Now I know that is kind of harsh, ALL the girls aren't like that and I am sure that pageants are a lot of fun, a great opportunity and they provide for a marvelous experience. . . but I have seen both sides of the pageant curtain.
About five years ago a ran for Jr. Miss North Sevier, my first pageant ever. . . and I swore it was going to be my last. I did well however, I took the title, and I had a lot of fun. I was able to perfect and share my talents, which was frightening but awarding at the same time. HOWEVER I realized that pageants are very "practiced" if I can use that terminology. When I was practicing for Jr. Miss everyone had their own two-bits on how I should stand, walk, what I should say, how I should hold myself, what I should wear, everything. I thought about this, and you know I am sure that the things they say help and I'm sure that their advice could make or break the crown or not, but shouldn't you be yourself on stage? I mean pageants are based a lot on opinion.
Half of me wants to go through all that hassle again, I want to breath in the aroma of hairspray, practice a talent until all the people in my house could sing it in their sleep (and do), I want to be critiqued and I want to be a pageant girl again, just to see if I have what it takes. The other half of me however doesn't even want a piece of the stress or the drama. It would be a lot of work getting everything ready to preform and to show and I just don't know if I have the time or the energy to get caught up in all of its craziness.
As you can see I am torn- I don't know whether I should or should do Miss North Sevier. . . Would I regret it if I didn't? Would I regret it if I did?. . . These are the times where I wish I could see into the future to see what lies ahead.
Wish me luck on my decision. . .

1 comment:

mason said...

:) you would do great. Just pray and then be happy with your decision. Remember.......you would do GREAT!!!!!!!!!