Thursday, February 19, 2009

Freedom Foundation Luncheon

All of the Scholarship Winners.
Wednesday, I along with 59 other students were awarded with the Freedoms Foundation Scholarship of which we will be going to Valley Forge, PA. Half of us in March and half in April. the Luncheon was fancy fancy.. probably the fanciest lunch I have ever eaten! :) o and it was yummy! They also honored other people there for their outstanding ways of being a "HERO"- There are a lot of great people out there.
Being there though made me feel kind of nervous though. I get quite nervous around people I don't know especially when it is a one-on-one conversation. I mean I'd rather talk in front of a group than a single conversation.. I know I'm a bit off- So that made me realize I'm going to be all on my own in 'ol PA, it is going to put me out of my comfort zone, but it'll be good for me. Another thing that has made me a bit distraught is the fact that they aren't going to pay for our luggage.. meaning we only take a carry on or pay for our luggage. And I don't mind paying for my luggage, but what if I'm the only one with luggage.. Now I have to decide about that.. Heavens I hate making decisions..

The very yummy dessert! It even looks fancy too huh!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you. I remember being really nervous too. I like making new friends, but I get really nervous to do so and when I went I didn't have any friends going either. But that turned out to be even better because then I made a new best friend....and then I married him a little over a year later. Not saying you will meet the man you will marry, but I know you will make some great friends. It is so much fun and you will have a blast. Be sure to take tons of pictures.

Travis and Rhonda said...

What an exciting experience! I'm sure you will do great. Good luck on the luggage decision.

The dessert looks yummy!