Monday, August 20, 2012

cha-cha-changes

There is something about change that always makes me blue. I would consider myself an outgoing, goal-driven person who constantly likes to progress, but there is just something about major changes that always cause me to grow a bit melancholy.

I am leaving home tomorrow and moving back to my beloved Logan. Oh, I have missed Logan and I have been excited for this day ever since I found out I could get a few classes in before the mission. I can't wait to see my old friends and make new ones, I can't wait for a new apartment, and I will admit I am excited to go to school.I can't wait until I can get back to a regular schedule and to run the Logan hills. I am so excited.

However, I am scared to go to Logan because I know I will just have to say goodbye- to all of it. I thought getting ready to serve in San Jose would be a lot easier than it has been.

As I sit here getting ready for work I can't help but look around my empty home and want to cry. I should be used to this. This is my third year moving away, but for some reason it feels hard. More real. Maybe it is because in the back of my mind I know that I am saying goodbye to my home for longer than just a semester or two. This could be the last time I truly call these walls mine.

 The smells that are so familure, the business, kids running from one end of the house to the other, Sundays in the Mason home, sleepovers, late night conversations with Mom, Dad's jokes. I am going to miss it.

13 weeks.

No comments: