Monday, January 2, 2012

Dear 2012 - I hope you are ready for me.


Dearest 2012,

I have been thinking about you a lot lately and I have big plans for our time together.

There are years in an individual's life that standout and cannot be forgotten. Like the year I was born, the year I went to Brazil, the year I met my best friend, the year I graduated high school - but 2012, you are going to be different than these. You are going to be a year that changes the course of my life and defines my character in a way that I can not understand at this time.

I know that there are going to be days that I despise you and question your loyalty to me, but it is also said that those you love the most hurt you the most as well. . . I want to say that I am ready to withstand whatever you have to throw at me. 

Big decisions will be made during our time together - mainly the decision of whether to go on a mission or to stay and continue on with my major. . . That being said I am anxious to get to know you better.

I am looking forward to our time together.

                Sincerely yours,
           Miss Dawn

P.S. I have goals for this year as well, and because I think listing goals is a good thing to do I will share them with you.

  • Read all the Standard Works before 2013
  • Read "Marvelous Work and Wonder", "Jesus the Christ", and "The Miracle of Forgiveness" before 2013
  • Learn a new language
  • Run another half-marathon 
  • Write something interesting and important everyday



No comments: