Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Weekend of FREEDOM: Goodbye Summer of '11

School starts Monday.
I haven't decided whether to be dreading this fact or to be excited for a year of adventures, experiences and growth. . . It doesn't really matter which I decided because time will pass, school will start and the summer of '11 will be over.  Summer of '11 was one of a kind though, I must say.

I have decided that moving is hard for me.  The change takes a toll on me and it takes a while for me to recover.  The night I moved home at the beginning of the summer I sat on my bedroom floor and cried for nearly two hours.  I cried because the life I had for the last eight months was over.  All the people I grew to love lived nearly four hours away if you drove the speed limit and I felt lost.  My poor mother probably thought that I was sad to move home, but that wasn't it at all.  I just found more people to love, that's all.

“Love knows no limit to its endurance,
no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything.
Love still stands when all else has fallen.”

Moving back, I feel the same way towards my family, my friends, my home.  I wish I could just bounce from one place to the other and not suffer the effects of change.  I imagine that this feeling will be one I recognize quite often when I am serving my mission.  Each transfer I will have to leave those I have grown to love.  I will be thrown into new circumstances and new opportunities to serve will be coming at me in all directions.  Heart ache will be familiar, but so will the bursting joy that comes from the love of the Lord.

It is good to be back, even if it gets hard sometimes.


No comments: