Monday, June 20, 2011

sincerity

Dear cell phone that has given me fits lately,
Thank you for taking a marvelous picture of all the flood water for me
during our Sunday evening drive.  I truly appreciate it!
Sincerely,
Miss Dawn

Have you ever thought of what it is to be sincere?
Often times we close our letters with Sincerely, but what does it mean for someone to be sincere?

sincere |sinˈsi(ə)r|adjective ( -cerer -cerest )free from pretense or deceit; proceeding from genuine feelings they offer their sincere thanks to Paul.(of a person) saying what they genuinely feel or believe; not dishonest or hypocritical.

ORIGIN mid 16th cent. (also in the sense [not falsified, unadulterated] ): fromLatin sincerus ‘clean, pure.’


Sincerity sounds like such a simple act.  I mean all it takes is a bit of genuine love, patience and respect.  That is all it takes, but it even this simple thing is so hard to do at times.  As humans we get into the groove of an everyday routine and it is so easy for us to stay on that constant.  It is as if we are put on cruise control, going through the motions day-by-day.  Nothing really changing.  How boring life can be. During the Spring Semester up at school I was called as the Historian for my IWA (Institute Women's Association) chapter.  As part of the presidency we were asked to fast a pray about the coming year and to set a personal theme goal that we could focus on and live by through the coming semesters.  I am one to contemplate these kind of requests very deeply.  I thought about it for nearly three weeks, keeping an open mind and by seeking out personal revelation.  Well, about two Sundays ago I was sitting in Sunday School and the word Sincerity exploded inside of my head.  At that same time my heart was oozing with comforts of the Spirit and I knew that this was the answer to my prayers.  This word was so simple and true.  SINCERITY.  I rolled it over and over inside my head.  I wrote it down, along with a game plan I could follow to achieve my goal.
It hasn't been entirely easy to be SINCERE.  I already have experiences and challenges that I could expand on, but for now I just want to extend my goal as a challenge to all those who read up on my blog.  Now I am doing it for the whole year, but I challenge all of you to try and be more sincere in your daily activities.  Try it for a week at least and see the perspective change in your life.  
Sunday, in Sunday School we watched this video.


I love it and it goes so well with my SINCERITY theme.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Ok this may seem silly but this really just made me cry. Thanks Kels!