Saturday, December 11, 2010

today.



I have become a youtubeian. . . I never watched youtube videos until I came to college and now that is what we do on our free time.
I found this video on my friend Chevia's facebook and I fell in love with it.  I love how the drawings move like they are real people and the message that I get from the video is something simple and so real to me right now.
It is beautiful.

It is currently 3:44 in the afternoon and I am still in my pjs.  I know I need to get up and get things done. I should be cleaning, studying, or at least ready for the day, but I just need this day.  I don't care if I didn't wake up until noon, I don't care that all I have eaten in the past twenty one hours is a slurpee and a bowl of cereal.  I don't care that I look like I have been rung on the line, or that my hair is pulled back in a greasy ponytail.  I keep telling myself that I need to do something productive, but to be straight out honest I don't want to.  I am perfectly happy sitting in my baggy sweats and sweatshirt.

Have you ever thought of the importance of a day?  Somewhere someplace there are people having the very best days of their lives.  It is a saturday- I am sure someone got married today, I am sure a mother looked at her newborn child and discovered a whole new meaning of love.  Somewhere someone is laughing so hard they can't breath.  Someone is so extremely happy right now that smiling cannot be stopped.  Someone is beaming with gratefulness and joy for all they have been blessed with.  I am happy for them.  Today is a day of joy- or at least it should be.

No comments: