Monday, August 9, 2010

It's a love/hate relationship.

























Sunflowers and I have a love/hate relationship.
I once heard that sunflowers are weeds, is that true?
I love how sunflowers pop up all over the place and remind of us how miraculous the earth is.
This flower is bold and powerful- It is a "happy flower".

A sunflower, to me, also symbolizes the end of summer.  When I was little I asked my mom why the sunflowers hadn't come out yet (it was probably the first of June).  My mom told me that sunflowers don't bloom until the end of summer. . . from then on when the sunflowers start blooming it brings me to the realization that school is coming and my favorite season is drawing to an end.

1 comment:

Layna Torg said...

So you love them because of their of there beauty. but you hate them because of their sign and that your favorite season is coming to an end... I understand that feeling :)