Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Today I drove the speed limit. . .

Don't Strawberries look beautiful? and they taste beautiful too! Especially with cream and sugar!
I drove the speed limit today on my way home. I decided that I need to slow things down a little bit. I am in such a rush lately I feel like I am rushing my life away! I graduate in fourteen days. I need to plan the direction of my life. Tuesdays with Morrie, another book that Mitch Albom wrote has been my past time for the last few days.
"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." -Morrie
I hope I always remember this-
Yesterday my friend Hoss asked me if I was ready for graduation, if I had any regrets of my high school years. This got me thinking. I loved high school. I know that I had moments when all I wanted to do was graduate and leave everything, but it was my life, I grew to be who I am because of the people I met, the experiences I had. Regrets? None. These are my memories and this is who I am- I don't regret who I am.
Going to college no one will know me, I am flying solo on this one. I won't be known as "Denton's little sister", or "The Cheerleader". I will be Kelsie. The titles I make for myself will be mine. My life is an adventure, and I plan on keeping it that way.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I just have to say that I love, love, love Tuesdays With Morrie. It is a great book, one to read over & over & over again. Yay for Mitch Albom!