Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Get a Life!


Jeff Koterba, Omaha World Herald, NE

Okay this has been bugging me since last Friday when I found out about the whole ordeal! I think it is a wonderful idea for President Obama to be directing a speech toward the youth. I don't see what the big deal is. My CE Government teacher was going to show us the speech today in his class, but before school this morning he was advised that some parents had called in and refused for their children to watch it....NOW we have to bring parent consent papers home for our parents to sign that "give us permission" to listen to the President.
This makes me quite mad, after all he is our President and he is doing all he can to try to make our society stronger.
The thing that gets me though is that the speech that is directed to the youth is like a motivational speech. One that advises us to become better people and which in turn will lead to a greater society.. I don't know what you think but to me this sounds like a win-win situation.
I haven't listened to the speech yet because I was at school (where it wasn't allowed to be shown) during it. I'm going to try and watch it tonight- somehow.. And the school is sending out parent permission slips so that we can watch it, eventually.
And to make things clear, I'm not even eighteen yet. I don't have a "Party" and I'm really not Bias in either way. I just know that Obama is the President of the United States and as a citizen I will do my best to follow him.
I'd love to hear your view on the whole ordeal

No comments: