Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh the Library.

Location: USU Library fourth floor
Date: Thursday 12, First week of Spring Semester 2012
Position: Against the wall, on the floor next to the heater. . . This is Logan my friends- it is a mild winter up here in the North, but it is still ridiculously frigid - I will do anything for some warmth.

Let me break this week down for you:
I have read over 300 pages in two days. Let me rephrase that, I have read 300 textbook pages in the past two days. I love reading, but textbooks about writing about math- not really on my list of books to read. I have however fallen in love with my book on religious studies. 

Did you know that in Buddhism
 emptiness is a good thing?
While reading this I realized that I was the only one around. . .
. . . in the library?
I guess emptiness can be a good thing.


"Well class here is your syllabus - please read it after class. We don't have time to waste, lets get started."

Whatever happened to easing into a class?

My name is Kelsie and I have once again joined the nerdy ranks of being a overly organized college student. In grade school I was known as the teacher's pet, high school I wasn't quite as bad. . . okay lets face it I worked hard to earn that title.

But when I walked through those college doors my freshman year the desire to be the best was set up on a shelf. Socializing, boys and staying up until 3:00 in the morning just because I could became my life. And it was fabulous. . .but it just isn't cutting it anymore. 

I am a sophomore now. . . so much older and wiser - duh! and because I am so superior I have put my priorities in order. School. That is my major priority believe it or not. And I love it. There is such a relief in staying caught up in classes and besides that I feel smart again!

I could get used to this school thing for a while.

I have said it before, but there is just something magical about today, about this week, this month, this semester . . this year- great things are going to take place and I can just feel it. I can feel it flowing through me like blood in my veins. 

Small announcement: I am submitting mission papers this June.
I have never felt better in my life.


2012 is Magic, that what it is.


My posts have not been up-to-snuff lately. I feel like I am lacking. . . And it isn't the lack of ideas or inspiration, but rather the lack of time or energy to put forth sharing the stories that are spinning circles inside my head. For myself and for anyone else who feels like my words have been somewhat dry I am sorry and I will try harder. 
Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

atta girl kelsie!! (mission papers) :D
you'll be great.