Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I am a sandal-activist.

Happy Wednesday!

The season is changing rapidly, this lovely autumn months that I have been enjoying are slipping away like sand through dehydrated fingers. I am not ready for it to leave me. Pray for winter delay!
Yesterday I got all ready for school, checking the weather three times to make sure that it hadn't changed drastically within the minutes I was getting ready. One thing about living in Logan it has made me appreciate those lovely men and women who dedicate their lives to astrology. Where would I be without them. . . 
According to weather.com the high yesterday was suppose to be mid-sixties, so I figured I could wear sandals- I am trying to get as much sandal wearing in before the snow comes. On my way out the door my roommate suggested I take a jacket because it was kind of chilly. Running slightly later than I had hoped, I grabbed a jacket and rushed out the door. I beat the bus to the bus stop, looked down at my toes and noticed they were bright red. My toes were frozen! I contemplated hurrying back to my apartment to change my shoes, but had no time. The bus had arrived.
I suffered frozen toes the entire day on campus- I started complaining to my neighbor and he laughed saying, "Well, it is October." He is right. The year is getting colder. . . 

BUT

I am going boating today- yes, it is mid-October. Yes, it is going to be freezing.

Wish me luck!




PS- all my classes are cancelled for Thursday! 
Can I get a woot woot?!

No comments: