Sunday, October 19, 2008

UEA Weekend

This weekend, due to UEA, was extra long. But I will admit it didn't seem that long because the days we didn't have school my volleyball team and I were competing in a volleyball tournament. We started off a little bit shakey on Friday. I don't know what it was but if felt like no one was there, it was just hard to play our game. Friday night we left disappointed and discourage, wishing we didn't have to return the next day.
Saturday our first game was early because of how we did the day before. Suprisingly we all showed up! I was a little worried, my team has been known to struggle in the morning. The first three teams we played we won in two matches (tournament play is the best 2 out of 3). The we slaughtered the forth team we played. The last game of the day was the championship for our bracket. We pretty much gave them the first match. I don't know, but our side of the court just felt "heavy". We came back though at won the second game by 2, maybe 3 points I can't remember. The third and final game is only played to 15, no caps, and you have to win by 2 points. They had a one point lead on us almost the entire game. We fought hard and finally tied the score 13 to 13. Well they ended up winning 15 to 13, it was a bummer. The last point was a lame call, we all wanted to go against the ref, but it wouldn't have made a difference. We played good Saturday I was proud, it still would have been better if we could have won it, but what do you do?

1 comment:

Heather and Garrett said...

Hey My Kelsie Dawn! I loved seeing you this weekend! You guys played great! Love ya lots!