Friday, August 15, 2008



Shane promised me that we would go rappelling and paintballing as a date before he left on his mission! I had pretty much forgotten about it until he asked me out almost a week ago! I was so so excited! I had to get work off and I'm grateful that Kasta and Danielle could work for me! We left early around nine thirty to go up to the Grove. We met Shane's brother there with his date, Abry. First off we had cereal for breakfast then we hiked to the Eye! I had never hiked it before, its a bit tough, and the trail is almost gone. The view was amazing! I could see forever! We had to go to the over hang that was just a little lower to rappel down! I was doing really well I wasn't too nervouse or scared till I was on the edge of the cliff, not hooked up to anything... waiting! If I let go I would have fell down to the bottom! O gosh it was so scary, but Kiley got me hooked up and then I was fine! Shane went first he didn't have a Ballar, but then when he got down to the next over hang he Ballared me... He was my life saver! We noticed that there were people watching us! Everyone made it down safely, Kiley did really cool tricks on his way down! He had to go back up and untie the rope from the rock, why Abry, Shane, and I hiked to the bottom.. I guess it was more like slide to the bottom.. going down was harder than coming up. We went past the camp site where the people were watching us from and to find out my Grandma and Grandpa were having a cousin party there. They were so suprised to see that I was one of those rappelling! We left the Grove.

The four of us went to Shane's house to relax for a bit. We also visited with his Mom for while. Then we left again to go paintballing! I hate to brag but I dominated! I love paintballing.. I have stratagy tho, I hide and scope people out then shoot at them.. Pretty simple but it seems to work most of the time! The day was so much fun! I was with him almost all day long! It is number one on the top ten list of all dates! I am going to miss him so so much! But he is going to be such an amazing missionary!

No comments: